Advance Planning Makes Perfect Sense
Talking about your final arrangements isn’t easy; but it doesn’t have to be hard.
Whether you are encouraging a loved one to advance plan or discussing your own plans with your family, it’s all about approaching the topic with confidence and care. Don’t be surprised if discussing final wishes brings up strong emotions. Just remember you’re doing this out of love to make things easier in the future.
Questions and answers.
Your family is everything. Why put them in a difficult position? A time of loss is a time of confusion; but your final arrangements don’t have to add to the uncertainty. Advance planning your cemetery and funeral services can save your loved ones from having to make decisions while they’re grieving. They won’t have to guess what you’d want. Advance planning is the right thing to do - both financially and emotionally. Consider these questions.
- Why are you considering advance planning?
- How would you like your family to be involved in the process?
- Now that we know your wishes, what should we do next?
Here are a few common reasons people advance plan. These benefits can help guide your conversation.
- You’ll make sure that a difficult time is less stressful for your loved ones.
- When everything is determined in advance, families can focus on celebrating life knowing last wishes are perfectly fulfilled.
- Planning a funeral can require over 150 decisions. Making choices now, together, can be an experience that brings families closer.
- Funded advance planning is a gift to loved ones.
Start the process together.
Our Advance Planning Guide is a comprehensive resource for families, and our
Advance Planning form walks you through decision making online.
Everything you need to know about funeral and cemeteries.
How to truly support yourself and others at a time of grief.
Let us guide you through the ins and outs of your cemetery experience.
Local resources for all your support and planning needs.